pontiac forums   pontiac forums
Go Back   Pontiac Forums > Current Pontiac Vehicle Discussion > Pontiac G6 Sedan / G6 Coupe Forum

Pontiac G6 Sedan / G6 Coupe Forum Discuss topics regarding the Pontiac G6 Sedan and G6 Coupe.

Pontiac Forum: How do I set the OIL LIFE display back to 100% on my 2008 Pontiac G6?

Old January 29th, 2009, 12:23 PM
basketballMB

How do I set the OIL LIFE display back to 100% on my 2008 Pontiac G6?

I got my oil changed yesterday (first time not letting the dealership change the oil--hey, it was free for a year!) and the Oil Life Display on the radio still says Oil Life 32% (which is what it said before the oil change). It should say 100%.

The manual tells me how to reset it when the display reads OIL CHANGE NEEDED, but this does not work in my case.

How do I reset the oil life display to say 100%?

Thanks! Any help is appreciated!
Mark F

Yes it does work, your just not doing it right. There is a step in there you aren't doing correctly - I guarantee it.
Mark F

Yes it does work, your just not doing it right. There is a step in there you aren't doing correctly - I guarantee it.
omar garcia

Ths Is What You Do You Put Your Key On The On Position But Dont Crank Then Just Press And Let Go Of The Gas 3 Times In 5 Seconds. It Can Also Be Done Trough The Radio If You Have The Original Oine. If You Do Then Do This..... Turn The Radio Off Press Disp Button 10 Secs And The Menu Pops Up Just Selecet Oil Life Then Hit Reset
omar garcia

Ths Is What You Do You Put Your Key On The On Position But Dont Crank Then Just Press And Let Go Of The Gas 3 Times In 5 Seconds. It Can Also Be Done Trough The Radio If You Have The Original Oine. If You Do Then Do This..... Turn The Radio Off Press Disp Button 10 Secs And The Menu Pops Up Just Selecet Oil Life Then Hit Reset
Tags: