pontiac forums   pontiac forums
Go Back   Pontiac Forums > Current Pontiac Vehicle Discussion > Pontiac G6 Sedan / G6 Coupe Forum

Pontiac G6 Sedan / G6 Coupe Forum Discuss topics regarding the Pontiac G6 Sedan and G6 Coupe.

Pontiac Forum: does a 2007 pontiac g6 have a transmission dipstick?

Old June 5th, 2008, 10:40 PM
jojo_jealousy_69@att.net

does a 2007 pontiac g6 have a transmission dipstick?

does a 2007 pontiac g6 have a transmission dipstick?
my friend just baught a 07 g6...nice car....& he was looking for the dipstick but said he couldnt find it...lol... so yea do these cars have a tranny dipstick?? & why would gm do this? because my grand am doesnt have one either..?? lol i told him not to buy an american car ..lol

Old June 5th, 2008, 10:40 PM
Big D

First a question; I will assume this cars is an automatic if you're looking for a dipstick since manual transmissions don't have a dipstick?

Some of late model cars have smaller more inconspicuous fluid checks. If you can not find a red lever style handle on the drivers side of the vehicle than look down the drivers side of the engine on top of the trans axle. You may find a small metal hook style stick like some foreign cars or a check plug like some manual transmissions.
Old June 6th, 2008, 10:27 PM

wde3477 is on a distinguished road
I hear tell that some of the newer vehicles have no ready means with which to check level. This would leave me to suggest there is a fill plug somewheres at best - no dipstick to be had anywheres.

Good luck, and let us know what you find out.
Old June 8th, 2008, 06:06 AM
GM/ASE service/body Tech

Goatman is on a distinguished road
Most of the newer GM (automatic Trans) cars DO NOT have any dipstick they are "maintence free" as GM puts it and should only be opened if there is a leak detected and then only by a trained service tech..
there are ways to check it but it is Not very user friendly in the fact that the car has to be running and on a hoist to check the fluid level ...
Tags: