Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just Click here!

pontiac forums   pontiac forums

Go Back   Pontiac Forums > Pontiac CUV and Van Forums > Pontiac SV6 Forum

Advertisements

Pontiac SV6 Forum Discuss topics regarding the Pontiac SV6.

Pontiac Forum: Any SV6 owners having problems?

Old October 21st, 2005, 01:11 AM

TropicDave is on a distinguished road
Any SV6 owners having problems?

I've noticed a lot of talk about the older Montanas having various problems, and have wondered if any other SV6 owners have had any issues yet. We haven't, everything's been running flawlessly. Just curious, mostly.

Old November 29th, 2005, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

Angry I am having problems negociating a slight hill in very little snow

GM says I should have a diagnostic done on my machine. We shall see what else comes up.

Today was the second day of snow since a couple of weeks ago and we took out our SV6 to drop off my kid at school. The SV6 spun its wheels (a couple of weeks ago and today) and did not move. The tires burned and we could smell the rubber burning smell.

This is a front wheel drive fully loaded SV6. Not a 4 wheel drive.

If some one can post their experience with a 4 Wheel Drive SV6 I would appreciate it.

Of course when we went in to trade it in for a 4 wheel drive SV6 they offered us $16,000.00 which would not even pay off the balance on the SV6.

So much for GM pricing.

Ray
11-29-2005
Old November 30th, 2005, 11:58 AM

Sounds more like tires than drivetrain. Did you put snows on it?

We don't have snow here. Worst we get is the occasional hurricane, but that season's about over. Only problem I've had with the Montana so far is the wife hitting a mailbox with the passenger side mirror. Scraped the housing up but didn't break it, and shattered the mirror. Going to get the mirror today since they just called earlier. $69.50 for a heated passenger side mirror...eesh...thanks, hon!
Old December 11th, 2005, 06:48 AM
Unregistered

I also have a SV6, front wheel drive, full load. same problem. spin out on snow and ice. gm had a promo on winter rims and tires. put on 16" rims and
snow tires.toyo's
they work great. wify is happy, no more trac.control coming on at take off.
Old October 2nd, 2006, 03:30 PM
etm

Angry SV-6 2006 Pontiac Mini Van - STAY AWAY

I previously owned a 1998 Pointiac Montana Mini Van without any problems. We then leased a 2006 SV-6 mini-van. It is by far, the WORST vehicle we have ever owned. In less than one years time we have had it back to the dealership at least 8 times. It had to be towed the first day we got it, that should have been a sign! It has no pick-up, shudders at stop signs, poor brakes, and a defective computer chip. It is a dog. Look elsewhere!
Old October 5th, 2006, 07:10 PM

Interesting...we still have had no problems.
Old October 19th, 2006, 09:48 PM
Unregistered

Unhappy seats

I have a SV6 with cloth seats and they are impossible to clean. Rain drops stain the seats as does any cleaning agents I have tried. I have called no less that 10 dealerships and they all tell me they cannot clean these seats. I think it is called inferior fabric.....Pontiac tells me it is a pre-existing condition...I say that water should not stain a seat in a van. Anyone else have any problems or solutions ????
Old November 6th, 2006, 02:44 PM
Unregistered

Angry Stains

The seats are a mess should have had the seats treated with special protectect. Never had seats to be such a problem. Hate them.
Old December 5th, 2006, 06:50 PM
snrobin

To the people with the problems of spinning tires in the snow...

I live in Utah where we get a fair amount of snow each winter on the roads. I just got my SV6 this week but when we picked up the van from the dealer he said "If there is snow on the roads you may want to turn the traction control off if you have excesive tire spinning." I am not sure what this would do other then make it spin more or maybe i just misunderstood him haha.

Scott
Old June 19th, 2007, 08:22 PM

Rarely post here since my days are taken up with work, family and working on the '77 Can Am I got...

But still no problems with the Montana. Though you're right about the seats. But with my 7 year old and my toddler, I've given up trying to keep the van spotless. It's useless. Again, though, living in Florida has different problems than other places.