Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just Click here!

pontiac forums   pontiac forums

Go Back   Pontiac Forums > Pontiac CUV and Van Forums > Pontiac Montana Forum

Advertisements
cars connected social network

suspension parts, shocks, struts and more

Notices

Pontiac Montana Forum Discuss topics regarding the Pontiac Montana.

Pontiac Forum: Disabling the car alarm

Old May 15th, 2018, 08:12 AM

Jcornaglia is on a distinguished road
Disabling the car alarm

Is there a way to disable the car alarm? I have a 1998 Montana and the car alarm goes off every 30 minutes or so. I have pulled the horn relay so the car horn does not go off but would prefer to fix the cause or disable the alarm. I have had rain somehow entering the "roof" area of the car and not from the windshield. The rain is coming through the headliner so there is possibility that rain / water has shorted or damaged something above or in the dash that is causing the alarm to go off every 30 minutes or so. Any help greatly appreciated. She is 20 years old still running. I hope to keep her going a few more years. Thanks

Old May 15th, 2018, 09:28 AM
ADMINISTRATOR

melsg5 is on a distinguished road
for the water leak you need the drains cleared, usually compressed air is used.
have you looked in the owners manual for the instructions to disable the content theft-deterrent system. In the 1999 manual it is on page 2-19.
http://www.vadengmpp.com/owners-manu...ac-Montana.pdf
Old May 15th, 2018, 10:10 AM

I don't have the manual but thank you. I will use the link you sent to see if this works. Again, much thanks.
Old May 15th, 2018, 04:56 PM

When you mentioned I should use compressed air to clean the drains. Are you referring to the vents/drains by the hood between the windshield and hood? The water leaking into my van is coming from the top. Where are the drains up top on the van?
Old May 15th, 2018, 08:28 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

melsg5 is on a distinguished road
you dont have a sun/moon roof?
if you dont, do you have anything screwed onto the roof, a rack for example? If you do that would be the next possible entry point for water.
Old May 16th, 2018, 02:45 PM

You are correct, I have no moon roof or sun roof. However, I do have a roof rack. I will try to unbolt the roof rack and then place some clear silicone or rtv under the connecting point. Hopefully that solves my leak.
Old May 18th, 2018, 07:11 PM

gregd is on a distinguished road
Picked up My 1998 Oldsmobile version of the Montana in 1997. I like that some people are getting there money's worth out of this model van.
The last few years every time a Harley Davidson drives by it will blow it's horn 6 times when the van is locked. I have considered just leaving it unlocked. Will have to look into the alarm disable. Thanks for the info.