Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just Click here!

pontiac forums   pontiac forums

Go Back   Pontiac Forums > Pontiac Car Forums > Pontiac G8 Forum

Advertisements
cars connected social network

Notices

Pontiac G8 Forum Discuss topics regarding the Pontiac G8.

Pontiac Forum: Holden commodore doing strange things

Old June 27th, 2015, 07:09 PM
newb

Tackleberry is on a distinguished road
Holden commodore doing strange things

Hi everyone, I have no successes trying the Australian version
forum (just commodores) so i thought i would ask here.

I have a 06 VE omega holden commodore which recently started doing some strange things. when I go to start the car it does the following.

1 – When I turn the key to “ON” the engine light flashes very fast
when I turn the key further to “Start” nothing happens.

2 – When I turn the key to “On” the engine light stays normal'
turn it to “start” the car cranks over for about 5 sec without starting.

3 – The car starts normally

Most of the times we jump in the car to start it, condition 1 happens a couple of times then followed by condition 2 several times, once it starts I can turn it off and restart it.
1 and 2 are usual accompanied by the check engine light and sometimes limp mode

Fault codes: P2100-Throttle control unit servomotor(Malfunction), P2101-Throttle valve control motor position(Malfunction), P2176-Throttle valve position(Learned but lost), P0261,64,67,70,73,76-Injection valve 1-6 (Low voltage), P0458-Fule evaporation valve (low voltage), U0100-CAN message,engine control unit(Low voltage), C0899-Battery voltage (To low), U0151-Comunication with airbag control unit(No communication),

history.
- replaced battery 2 months ago and had it checked
- replaced throttle body thinking it was that 2 days ago
- replace stretched timing chains 1 year ago

Anyone have any ideas or come across this problem before?, any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advence.

UPDATE I did some testing and found if I leave the ignition in the on position for about 30 sec then try to start the car, it will start. Don't know what this means but might give a clue to the problem.

Last edited by Tackleberry; June 28th, 2015 at 04:37 PM.

Old June 28th, 2015, 10:42 AM
ADMINISTRATOR

melsg5 is on a distinguished road
1. What is the battery voltage and have you checked for clean and tight connections?
2. The first two codes are pointing to the throttle control motor relay circuit. Have you checked the electrical connector and wire harness leading to the relay. The relay itself could also be failing.
3. All the low voltage codes are pointing to some general electrical issue, check the main fuse box for a bad connector.
Old June 28th, 2015, 04:49 PM
newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by melsg5 View Post
1. What is the battery voltage and have you checked for clean and tight connections?
2. The first two codes are pointing to the throttle control motor relay circuit. Have you checked the electrical connector and wire harness leading to the relay. The relay itself could also be failing.
3. All the low voltage codes are pointing to some general electrical issue, check the main fuse box for a bad connector.
I had the battery tested, and seems ok, and the battery terminals look in good condition as it's in the boot. I was thinking its a wiring or connection problem also, so I removed the air intake and checked the wiring. All looks ok, I cleaned the connector plugs, but no change. It's always possible I overlooked something. Cheers for the reply I will let know if I find anything.
Old June 28th, 2015, 07:25 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

melsg5 is on a distinguished road
have you had the alternator tested?
have you had someone with the proper scan tool run tests on the throttle control motor?
Old June 28th, 2015, 08:46 PM
newb

The local super cheap pulled the codes with a Bosch scan tool as well as testing the battery with the car stopped and running. I was thinking it was a relay, fuse, wire ect that supply the power to all the parts that are returning low voltage codes. But because I can restart the car shortly after stopping, or start after having the ignition in the on position for 30 secs, I'm starting to lean towards a faulty module ecu bcm maybe.
Old September 5th, 2015, 09:37 AM
newb

Ogibear is on a distinguished road
check earth cable is clean and tight at battery and at where the cable attaches to the body. then check positive cable where it passes through the firewall it has been known to be loosely attached there,it sounds like a voltage or earth fault!