Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just Click here!

pontiac forums   pontiac forums

Go Back   Pontiac Forums > Pontiac Car Forums > Pontiac G6 Sedan / G6 Coupe Forum

Advertisements
cars connected social network cars connected social networking app for ios cars connected social networking app for android

suspension parts, shocks, struts and more

Notices

Pontiac G6 Sedan / G6 Coupe Forum Discuss topics regarding the Pontiac G6 Sedan and G6 Coupe.

Pontiac Forum: I may be back I need some advise please

Old November 2nd, 2017, 07:47 AM

EaOutlaw is on a distinguished road
I may be back I need some advise please

Hi guys it has been some time since I have been on this forum, I have been car shopping and I currently have my eyes on a 2006 Pontiac G6 GTP with 20636 miles on it.

https://www.capitalone.com/cars/list...ZM151864181650

The car is at a dealer about 22 miles from my house. I am not willing to drive the 22 miles to find out I cannot get in or out of this car easily or cannot handle the ride if it is harsh and stiff.

So my questions are will I fit in the car, is it a comfortable and quiet reliable ride?

I am 6 foot 3" tall and cannot bend my neck or twist my back too much while getting into a car without sending me into level 10 pain.

Harsh riding cars and hard bumps can also cause my unstable back to go into spasms while driving so I have to be picky with my choice. yet being disabled it is not like I can afford to go out and buy a new luxury car.

I am pretty sure this car is the same or close to a Chevy cobalt, I drove a new stock Cobalt on a test drive and found that it rode rough and had a lot of road noise from the tires.

Is the G6 GTP just as noisy and uncomfortable and cheap feeling as the Colbalt or does this car do better than its Chevy counter part?

More importantly if you were in the market for a 2 door car and have a bad back and neck is the G6 the car you would pick?

I am disabled with a very bad back and neck and really do not drive much at all any longer, but I am looking to get the hell out of the house and go on some road trips and the occasional trip to the doctor.

My instinct tells me this may be a decent car with the low mileage and one owner whom was a snow bird, yet I think I need a car that is more of a luxury car and less of sports car.

Any input would be appreciated.

BTW I can still work on my own cars doing most jobs, yet things that take an average person 2 hours to do may take me 2 weeks because of pain levels.

Currently looking for a clean one owner new to me 2 door Pontiac in the Palm Beach County Florida area

Old November 2nd, 2017, 09:25 AM
ADMINISTRATOR

melsg5 is on a distinguished road
The Pontiac G6 is NOT the same as the Chevrolet Cobalt. The Pontiac G5 is the same as the Cobalt.
The Cobalt is a compact car the G6 is an intermediate.
I'm puzzled though by your choice of the GTP version since it is the sportiest and firmest riding of any version of the G6 ever made.
At the same time it has very supportive seats which may actually be a better choice.
I cannt really advise you on ease of getting in and out but it maybe worth your while to look at the car but if it meets your requirements make sure to get a Carfax or similar report on the car before buying it. Good luck with whatever you end up buying.
Old November 4th, 2017, 05:19 AM

EaOutlaw is on a distinguished road
Thanks Mel, I totally forgot about the g5, However by the time I made up my mind to drive out there, the clear car fax and the nice one owner G6 GTP with 20K on it was gone to some other lucky bastard.

The search continues.

BTW I did not really go out of my way to pick the G6 it was just the least expensive car with the lowest mileage I could find at the moment.

For a while I had a 2002 Ford Ranger I had fixed up, but my Sister needed a vehicle worse than me so I gave it to her.

Mel if I had my choice I would be driving your car. LOL

Currently looking for a clean one owner new to me 2 door Pontiac in the Palm Beach County Florida area