Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just Click here!

pontiac forums   pontiac forums

Go Back   Pontiac Forums > Pontiac CUV and Van Forums > Pontiac Montana Forum

Advertisements
cars connected social network

Notices

Pontiac Montana Forum Discuss topics regarding the Pontiac Montana.

Pontiac Forum: Transmission Issue?!?

Old October 25th, 2018, 10:55 PM
newb

Restless is on a distinguished road
Transmission Issue?!?

I got a 07 Pontiac Montana 3.9L V6 OHV 12-valve. Was driving and just lost all gears. I wait a bit once kinda cooled down and it'll engage again but only for a little while.

So far ive cleaned the throttle body, checked fuses and wires, everything is very clean but still same in the end not going into gear or even selecting one.

I got the codes P1516 Throttle Actuator Control, P2101 ECM Tac went out of range, P1692 Driver 5 line 2.

Any tips on what to check or even how to go about this myself? Im very new to repairing things myself so figured id ask around before throwing money around. I thank any response in advance.

Old October 26th, 2018, 11:05 AM
ADMINISTRATOR

melsg5 is on a distinguished road
Just to be clear, when you step on the gas peddle does the engine speed increase and the vehicle doesn't move or you step on the gas and the engine speed does NOT increase? If it's the second situation the problem is the P1516 code.
https://www.engine-codes.com/p1516_chevrolet.html
Old November 4th, 2018, 08:28 PM
newb

Transmission issue?!?

Sorry for such a late reply melsg5 its been a mess over here.

When it runs cold it'll drive and increase in speed until it warms up, once its hot it'll just rev in place in gear and go no wheres. Sometimes it'll just run and it'll switch a gear sometimes but i cant really take it too far because around here as soon as i get it on the road its got to stop and im dead. Replacing just the throttle control could fix all that?
Old November 5th, 2018, 11:52 AM
ADMINISTRATOR

melsg5 is on a distinguished road
the throttle control is for no reaction to stepping on the gas pedal, you are stating the engine revs but the vehicle doesnt move. Your issue is trani related, could be a solenoid or the transmission needs to be torn down or replaced.
Old November 5th, 2018, 01:09 PM
newb

Transmission issue?!?

Yeah van fires, engages when cold or first started and moves, warms up and nothing unless i turn off and refire but even then moves only so far until i have to stop. Man that sucks if transmission related, guess best to start saving more, really like the van. Thanks !