Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just Click here!

pontiac forums   pontiac forums

Go Back   Pontiac Forums > Pontiac Car Forums > Pontiac Firebird / Trans Am Forum

Advertisements

Pontiac Firebird / Trans Am Forum Discuss topics regarding the Pontiac Firebird and Trans Am.

Pontiac Forum: Tell Your Story!

Old October 22nd, 2018, 11:19 AM

T-Am-oh is on a distinguished road
Tell Your Story!

So there was a tag going around the Jeep community on YouTube that called jeep owners out to tell their story of how they got into Jeeps and how they got the one they own now. So I made a follow up video with mine and just this week I broke the rules and extended the tag pout to anyone with any car, why keep it to just 1 community. So I made a video explaining how I got my Trans Am that I have today! Please feel free to share your story as well whether it is here on this forum or just in the comments on the video! Thanks for watching and subscribe if you like!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14Gz_WhjaFA&t=1s

Old October 22nd, 2018, 02:32 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

melsg5 is on a distinguished road
thanks for posting the video. My GTO background is similar to your Firedbird. The GTO was the family car for my dad. Passed on to me when he reached 85. It's a 1971 with the 455 HO Ram Air engine option. It was the replacement for a 1968 GTO with the optional low compression, 2bbl carburetor 400 that a salesmen talked my father into buying so that it would run on low octane regular. Slowest GTO in history. I made sure that mistake wouldnt happen twice in 1971.
Old October 23rd, 2018, 06:45 PM

T-Am-oh is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by melsg5 View Post
thanks for posting the video. My GTO background is similar to your Firedbird. The GTO was the family car for my dad. Passed on to me when he reached 85. It's a 1971 with the 455 HO Ram Air engine option. It was the replacement for a 1968 GTO with the optional low compression, 2bbl carburetor 400 that a salesmen talked my father into buying so that it would run on low octane regular. Slowest GTO in history. I made sure that mistake wouldnt happen twice in 1971.
Nice story, thanks for sharing!
Old November 14th, 2018, 08:32 PM
newb

Jeffsasa is on a distinguished road
Few months ago got a 97 formula one fire bird factory with 120k miles on it for my daughter's first car.it need Head gaskets that it. Got it on trailer headed home. And the stuff hit the fan! Tire blew on trailer and broke the rachet strap car came off. And we'll she now has a 02 Camaro and have parts for 97 formula one