Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just Click here!

pontiac forums   pontiac forums

Go Back   Pontiac Forums > Pontiac Car Forums > Pontiac Grandville Forum

Advertisements

Pontiac Grandville Forum Discuss topics regarding the Pontiac Grandville.

Pontiac Forum: New Member/ 1971 Pontiac Grand Ville

Old April 27th, 2016, 02:30 PM
newb

Ironangel is on a distinguished road
New Member/ 1971 Pontiac Grand Ville

Howdy everyone,
I just purchased this 71 Grand Ville and was looking for information on the type and ratio of the rear end? Looking for links to parts for 70's Pontiacs? Thanks! ~Michael~ https://www.facebook.com/michael.hill.12979 Heres a few pics...

Last edited by Ironangel; April 27th, 2016 at 02:39 PM.

Old April 27th, 2016, 02:45 PM

EaOutlaw is on a distinguished road
Welcome, that is one massive beast you have there, and seems to be in great shape.

Can you see if the rear end has a tag on it still? if so post a picture of it or just type what you can make out.

With the age of the car who knows if the rear is original to the car.

I would identify what you have, then if needed find out what the car came with originally.

I am not sure what parts you are needing, but these sites should give a few parts to gawk at.

http://www.frankspontiacparts.com/us...tiacparts2.htm

http://tseafoamo.com/

Currently looking for a clean one owner new to me 2 door Pontiac in the Palm Beach County Florida area
Old April 27th, 2016, 03:15 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

melsg5 is on a distinguished road
welcome to the forum. As EaOutLaw stated cannt tell you what is in it now but even if untouched need more information. The differential chart in the 1971 Chassis Service Manual shows ratio's based on engine size and carburetion and in some cases whether or not equipped with AC. The code you have to look for is described at this site http://www.wallaceracing.com/axledata2.htm . You also can get an original invoice from www.phs-online.com. If a safe-t-track differential, positraction, you can jack up the rear of the car, support it with jack stands, place a mark on the driveshaft, place in neutral with parking brake released, and turn one of the rear wheels one complete turn while counting how many times the driveshaft turns. A guess the ratio would not be higher than 3.08
Old April 28th, 2016, 03:13 PM
newb

Ironangel is on a distinguished road
Thank you for the reply's and the links you guy's, I shall put them to good use! I bring the car home Sunday and will be able to verify originality of the various components and drive parts. I wasn't intending on buying this car until the young man selling the car let me take some pics and then later, take more pics of the interior. Well, one look at that interior, (which is PRISTINE!) and that was it, I was hooked! I told him I'll pay him on May 1st when my pension check hits because he was only asking $800! The car appears to have been garage kept because it's virtually rust free...
Old April 28th, 2016, 04:18 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

melsg5 is on a distinguished road
$800! Wow, if nothing major wrong with it that's great!
Old April 28th, 2016, 04:35 PM

EaOutlaw is on a distinguished road
That is a great buy. even if it does not have a engine or transmission.

Currently looking for a clean one owner new to me 2 door Pontiac in the Palm Beach County Florida area