Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just Click here!

pontiac forums   pontiac forums

Go Back   Pontiac Forums > Pontiac CUV and Van Forums > Pontiac Aztek Forum

Advertisements
cars connected social network cars connected social networking app for ios cars connected social networking app for android

suspension parts, shocks, struts and more

Notices

Pontiac Aztek Forum Discuss topics regarding the Pontiac Aztek.

Pontiac Forum: bleed brakes with ABS??

Old September 19th, 2014, 07:49 PM
newb

Snidely Whiplash is on a distinguished road
bleed brakes with ABS??

Trying, TRYING to bleed the Aztek's brakes... STILL pedal to the floor when the engine is ON. Half-Pedal with engine off. Does this require a power bleeder? We've replaced a hose and a line on the front passenger side, then a cylinder on the rear driver side. No bubbles any more, but I suspect the ABS may be coming into play... anyone? Bueller? Buueeellllerrrr???

Old September 19th, 2014, 11:40 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

melsg5 is on a distinguished road
you need an advanced scan tool to bleed abs
Old September 20th, 2014, 10:20 AM
newb

Snidely Whiplash is on a distinguished road
Did the 2001 Aztec use the Delphi system? Try s I might, I cannot get a pedal after replacing a front hose and line, and a rear wheel cylinder. Sounds like my neighbor is stuck going to the local Midas or repair shop for bleeding. I did, however, save them a bunch of money to this point.
Here is a site that clms it can be done without a tool, but frankly, I've done enough on this old crate.

http://www.brakeandfrontend.com/abs-...he-first-time/
Old October 19th, 2016, 05:22 PM
newb

1996xj6 is on a distinguished road
bleed abs without pump

I just finished replacing a brake line on my 2003 Aztek. to bleed ABS with out pump I attached a 3 foot piece of plastic tubing to the bleeder nipple farthest down the line from the master cylinder. put the end of the tubing in a gallon jug. opened the bleeder nipple and filled the brake reservoir with fluid-- with the engine off or on pump the brake pedal. I found 20 pumps will just about empty the reservoir-- DO NOT ALLOW THE RESERVOIR to run dry-- refill it with fluid- 20 pumps again, and again, and again. I pumped what was about the equivalent of 3 quarts of fluid through the system. ( I just recycled the fluid that was collected in the jug. you may want to discard the first fluid that come through if it is discolored)) be careful not to allow any air to back up in your plastic tubing to the bleeder nipple. after I had pumped fluid through the system repeatedly I closed the bleeder nipple with out removing the tubing or allowing any air to back up into the nipple. then removed the tubing, put the tire back on and went up and down the drive way a couple of times to make sure I was good to go-- then around the block---- seems to have worked fine- On the cheap~~
Old October 20th, 2016, 11:34 AM
ADMINISTRATOR

melsg5 is on a distinguished road
thanks for the post