• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1995 Trans Am" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1995 Trans Am" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

04 Grand Am Front Bumper Replacement Issues

ryanloyst

Hello everyone,

I've been rebuilding my 04 Pontiac Grand Am after getting clipped in an intersection. The damage was more or less cosmetic (mostly body). I lost the front-left side of the bumper, along with the headlight and the fog light.

The job is nearly complete, and I am driving the vehicle again, but I can't figure out how the hell to replace the fog light. The bumper reinforcement (the plastic piece with the U bolts connecting it to the frame) doesn't seem to have any areas to connect the fog light mounts. It also doesn't connect to the bumper cover.

I've scoured the internet for a diagram or a video to illustrate where the mounts connect to the bumper, but I can't find anything, at all. I even looked at my neighbor's Pontiac (2000) to see if the design was the same, but his fog lights connect vertically behind the U Bolt. Mine, on the other hand, were always connected sideways.

Neighbor's
| |
(__)

Mine
(__)=

I feel like there must be a clip or a piece that connects under the bumper reinforcement (black piece with U bolts) because there are 6 pre-drilled holes on the underside, but I can't find such a part.

Another problem is my terminology is not very good. I don't know what it would be called, but I've browsed through every car part site looking at each individual piece for front bumper replacement parts and haven't found a damn thing.

The bumper cover also has four clips that I feel should slip into something, but there's nothing for it to go into. All of the videos I've seen just show the bumper reinforcement and nothing else. One video showed the fog lights connected directly to the bumper reinforcement before it was put on to the frame, but I can't get a good angle to see HOW.

Can anyone help me on this? I can provide pictures and more information if need be. It's driving me insane.