04 GTP supercharged

Jasontaz

I'm trying to find out what kind of maintenance I should do on this car. It sat for 2 years, has 140,000. I'd really like to get it back up to almost peak performance. Thank you in advance

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Assuming you dont know the prior maintenance record.
Full tuneup.
Oil change
Transmission fluid and filter change, do NOT flush.
Check coolant for freezing temperature and acid level, use test strip.
If brake fluid looks very dark, remove fluid from master and refresh and then bleed all brakes.
Check suspension for worn bushings and shocks for signs of leaking.

JA Spears

Be careful that the valve cover gaskets dont leak. I had an 04 GTP burn up in my driveway. Was a recall about this. Took the dealership about 5 minutes to fix. Found out after fire that on models with the supercharger, they were suppose to change the gaskets. All they did was place clips on the spark plug wires which was standard to do but only for non supercharged vehicles.

cammerjeff

Belleville MI
The only things I would add to what is already said is

1 - Change the coolant transfer elbows, they tend to shrink and leak at around your mileage
2 - and change the supercharger oil, I found it easiest to use the bottle sprayer top the tube stuck down the oil fill hole and pump it out that way.

Also be very carful with the plastic vacuum tubes that go across the supercharger, they become very brittle with age and heat cycles. I broke a couple on out 1999.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.