05 Sunfire drove us to gym but now won't start

Jen Sunfire

Reaction score
My friend has been helping me by doing services and exchanging parts on my poor ig owed Sunfire. The other day he asked if I'd like my ac purged because he had recently purchased the tool with the gauges and multi colored hoses,⁹ and had extra refridgerant/oil. I had mentioned to him that my ac was the best component on my car, except when sitting idle at lights or drive thru. He proceeded anyways, and now of course ac no longer works. But while working on it, he was at a tight spot and I believe he knocked sensors or conne tor of something loose. When leaving, I got a quarter mile⁰ up the road when I realized the car wouldn't shift out of 1st gear, now learning of "limp mode." I've been driving it like this for a week now. So I haven't troubleshooter it yet and now when went to start it it will not turn over. Just cranks and cranks. I've needed a new breather orifice at least 3 years now (equivalent to pcv valve in most cars, technically referred to as the fix orifice. When I popped hood, most of my engine and sensors are COVERED IN BLACK OIL! I just changed trannyfluid as well as coolant but stillnot shifting. My friend thinks I need 2 solenoids but it was running really great, no codes at all. Until he did l acr. Ordn't do it i should day. Could it be a relay or fuse? And now,due to engine not breathing properly and getting overfill 2 weeks ago on oil, everything is covered in it, including my sensors and wires. Would any of you have a clue what it could be, and what I can do for it? After he worked on my ac, and the car went into limp mode, I turned around and went straight back to his house. And he could not even tell me anything, except now? Yeah, the car is throwing 7 trouble codes, including solenoids replacement, speed sensors 1 and 2, throttle opinion sensors, as well as MAF semsor. Attached are a few pics of the dirty state of my connections. And also my MAPconnector was unpligged and oily. I plugged it back in afyer cleaning but still...nothing
PLEASE, does anybody know how I can get out of this parking lot? Any advice would be awesome and I'll do whatever necessary to get it Goin. Thanks Guys (and Gals)

Attachments

• 20220922_124804.jpg
    20220922_124804.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 2

Jen Sunfire

Reaction score
My friend has been helping me by doing services and exchanging parts on my poor ig owed Sunfire. The other day he asked if I'd like my ac purged because he had recently purchased the tool with the gauges and multi colored hoses,⁹ and had extra refridgerant/oil. I had mentioned to him that my ac was the best component on my car, except when sitting idle at lights or drive thru. He proceeded anyways, and now of course ac no longer works. But while working on it, he was at a tight spot and I believe he knocked sensors or conne tor of something loose. When leaving, I got a quarter mile⁰ up the road when I realized the car wouldn't shift out of 1st gear, now learning of "limp mode." I've been driving it like this for a week now. So I haven't troubleshooter it yet and now when went to start it it will not turn over. Just cranks and cranks. I've needed a new breather orifice at least 3 years now (equivalent to pcv valve in most cars, technically referred to as the fix orifice. When I popped hood, most of my engine and sensors are COVERED IN BLACK OIL! I just changed trannyfluid as well as coolant but stillnot shifting. My friend thinks I need 2 solenoids but it was running really great, no codes at all. Until he did l acr. Ordn't do it i should day. Could it be a relay or fuse? And now,due to engine not breathing properly and getting overfill 2 weeks ago on oil, everything is covered in it, including my sensors and wires. Would any of you have a clue what it could be, and what I can do for it? After he worked on my ac, and the car went into limp mode, I turned around and went straight back to his house. And he could not even tell me anything, except now? Yeah, the car is throwing 7 trouble codes, including solenoids replacement, speed sensors 1 and 2, throttle opinion sensors, as well as MAF semsor. Attached are a few pics of the dirty state of my connections. And also my MAPconnector was unpligged and oily. I plugged it back in afyer cleaning but still...nothing
PLEASE, does anybody know how I can get out of this parking lot? Any advice would be awesome and I'll do whatever necessary to get it Goin. Thanks Guys (and Gals)
Oh one more thing. The hard plastic hose coming from head and going into air filter box...IS FULL OF OUL! I took it off and had to drain all the oil out of it. What could that be? I know it's not good for damn sure.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Reaction score
Did you check how much oil is in the engine by looking at the dipstick?
What are the actual codes?
You may need to be towed to a shop on your friends dime.