06 G6 GT Unlock/Lock Issue

94Bonnie00

I have an 06 G6 GT that has a mind of its own when its parked. The car does not have the keys in it but it locks and unlocks the doors by itself. The battery was just replaced. Any ideas as to why this car has a mind of its own?

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
So you are saying with no keys in the ignition and all doors closed, the car just repeatedly is locking and unlocking the doors?

94Bonnie00

Yes. The car was sitting by itself in the driveway, all the doors were closed and the keys were out of the ignition.

I have an 06 G6 GT that has a mind of its own when its parked. The car does not have the keys in it but it locks and unlocks the doors by itself. The battery was just replaced. Any ideas as to why this car has a mind of its own?

94Bonnie00,

Wow! Don't you just love when your vehicle has a mind of it's own? I would like to check into this for you to see if there are any open recalls or special coverages with your vehicle that might relate to this issue. Please message me your VIN to get this started for you.

Safe travels.

Jennifer T.,
GM Customer Care

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
There is a service bulletin listed on the National Highway Traffic Safety Association that covers the condition you are experiencing. Pasted below.

Service Bulletin No.: 3812
Component(s): LATCHES/LOCKS/LINKAGES

NHTSA ID Number: 10018920

All Products Associated with this Service Bulletin

Details

0 Associated Documents

Manufacturer: General Motors LLC

SUMMARY:
DOOR LOCKS ACTUATORS CYCLE AND INTERIOR LIGHT TURNS ON AND OFF AT RANDOM. *TT

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
You can also point it out to GM Customer Service in post #4 above they are a legitimate GM employee