06 Torrent Drivers front caliper keeps sticking...

Bjarvis

I've gone through 2 new calipers now. The drivers front caliper sticks and makes the roader very hot and eventually starts smelling like extremely hot metal. This last time we changed out the caliper and bled the brakes, the brakes feel very stiff and from time to time, while driving, the steering wheel becomes stiff and a little more difficult to turn. Times when I am driving it also almost feels like the front drivers side brakes are fluttering (restricting and releasing) and this will make the car vibrate. Anyone have any input on possible causes? Ive read one place that says possibly the hose the connects to caliper could be clogged.

msmith1956

Bremen, GA
The first thing I would do is replace the hose. Sometime the inner lining of the hose will break down and can cause the hose to hold pressure after you take your foot off the brakes.

robertg927

I had the same problem when I first bought my 2006 torrent - I drove from Asheville, NC to Atlanta. Ended up renting a car from Enterprise near my hotel and had to change the caliper and brake line in the parking lot. Not difficult, but I'd never had a hose with that problem before.

Baliguy

Those brackets that hold on to the middle of the brake line often rust up and pinch off the brake line leaving some pressure in the caliper. Unbend the bracket where it grips the hose. Try this before spending money that doesn't fix it.
Ok, this is an old post, but maybe it will help someone.

Cavell

I have changed 6 hoses on 3 equinoxes in last 2 yrs. I would say the hose issue is not rare. Takes 15 min. Easy Peasy.