• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1995 Trans Am" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1995 Trans Am" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

09 Vibe Base clutch peculiar?

FatherTime

upstate NY
I purchased an 09 Vibe Base manual 1.8 a few weeks ago. My question for you Vibe owners...is there anything peculiar about the clutch action in these (starting out from stopped)? Can't seem to get the hang of starting out smoothly, and consistently. At first I chalked it up to not having driven a standard in 15 years...but I don't know. I don't notice any slipping in any gears, shifts quite nicely, and accelerates fine. Seems like my starts are sometimes a bit jerky, and feel the need to give it more RPMs, and hold the clutch at the engagement point a bit longer then should be necessary. I did get it to "shudder" once, can't remember why that happened. Any advice or feedback? Again...could be my lack of clutch skills, but I did drive manuals for 20 years.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
I'm sure the manuals you drove were mechanical linkage clutches, this is a hydraulic clutch so it may feel different.