• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1995 Trans Am" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1995 Trans Am" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

1960 Pontiac catalina

cammerjeff

Belleville MI
If it truly came from the factory with 8 Lug wheels it is very rare, 8 lug wheels came out sometime during the 1960 Model year, and from what I understand very few were purchased.
Without the PHS documentation it is hard to say if it actually came with them stock, but they could have been dealer installed or previous owner installed. A quick way we used to check if they were original is if the car has an 8 lug spare, and if it has the proper hold down plate. When a set is put on a car that didn't come with them (and I don't have a problem with that as they are a big upgrade in both braking performance and Looks) the spare and hold down plate seldom seem to be transfered

FrankvFemali

Lombard il
If it truly came from the factory with 8 Lug wheels it is very rare, 8 lug wheels came out sometime during the 1960 Model year, and from what I understand very few were purchased.
Without the PHS documentation it is hard to say if it actually came with them stock, but they could have been dealer installed or previous owner installed. A quick way we used to check if they were original is if the car has an 8 lug spare, and if it has the proper hold down plate. When a set is put on a car that didn't come with them (and I don't have a problem with that as they are a big upgrade in both braking performance and Looks) the spare and hold down plate seldom seem to be transfered

It does have 8 lug spare with plate I was wondering what that
Plate was probably to balance and I do have
Documentation that it was stock ordered.

Having trouble sending pics!

Last edited:

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
beautiful car, good luck with it

cammerjeff

Belleville MI
It is a beauty, thanks for posting the pic's. I am no expert on 8 lug wheels but I do know they altered the fin's early on, and the center caps & trim rings also changed during the production run from 1960-68. But I could not tell you what exactly the changes were, or when they occurred.

Jochoa

New to this forum. Beautiful ride. Here is my ride. I have owned it for over 30 years. My father purchased it so we could restore it together. It had been sitting for a while but now I want to take it out more.

Attachments