• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1995 Trans Am" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1995 Trans Am" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

1965 Pontiac Laurential 3.7

cammerjeff

Belleville MI
That is a Canadian Pontiac, engine and the rest of the drive train are Chevy parts so that should be easy. As for body parts some are standard US Pontiac, and some are unique to Canadian Pontiacs. They are built on Chevy Chassis that are a little narrower than US Pontiac Chassis. For interior parts the soft parts like door panels & seat cover they are unique to Canadian Pontiac's, the hard parts like door handles are a mix of Chevy and Pontiac parts.

I am not aware of any specific parts sources for your car, I did find a site that are for the Canadian built Models

Good luck finding what you are looking for! Canadian Pontiac's were much lower production than US Pontiac's and are a Unique if little know part of Pontiac History.

What part of Cyprus are you from? I used to work with a Guy that was from your Island.

Giorgoscy

Thanks a lot for the info . This car used to be my grandfather who passed away some years ago and it was his gift to me as he was the only owner from 1965.. so finally i decided to start the restoration but i have no idea where to find parts (specially the chromes)
I am from Limassol

cammerjeff

Belleville MI
You are welcome, I wish I was more help with your Grandfathers car, but my knowledge of Canadian Market Pontiacs is limited. My former Coworkers family came to the US as there land is in the demilitarized zone near Nicosia, and back in the 1990's they had not been allowed back in then. Unfortunatly I lost track of him after I left our former employer.

But I do fondly remember working with him, and one time when he returned from seeing his family on the island he brought back a treat I will never forget, it was Green Walnuts soaked in a sweet syrup that we ate shell and all. Do you know what I am talking about? And if you do can you tell me what it is called?