• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1995 Trans Am" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1995 Trans Am" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

1966 Catalina resto

robmiller

I just bought a 1966 Catalina 2-door base, or at least I'm assuming it's a base since it doesn't have any louvers on the sides. I'm going to be looking for a lot of things for it. I wonder if anybody can offer some suggestions.

1. I need a new dash pad, or to have the old one recovered.
2. I need the top center air conditioner register/vent above the radio area.
3. Would like to buy new foam seat pads (bench) for the front.
4. Need the correct radiator and fan shroud.
5. Hood hinges -- definitely driver's side, possibly also passenger side. I'd buy a pair if available. The springs are present.

Does anybody know what parts from a GTO 2-door will fit the Catalina?

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Generally speaking A body (tempest) and B body (Catalina) do not interchange.
Try frankspontiacparts.com for OEM and Ames Performance and Original Parts Group for reproductions.
Good luck with your project.

robmiller

Interesting. Since the Impala was a B-Body, I wonder if any of the Impala parts will fit the Catalina? Any experience on this? There seem to be a lot more Impala parts available than for the Catalina.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
GM divisions were separate in the 60's, again very little interchangeability

mobileparts

The comments you received were 100 % correct. Full Size Pontiac is all by himself... No full size other G M with a rare exception... And no GTO /Tempest / LeMans with a rare exception....

The Great News is I have MOUNTAINS of NEW and N.O.S. parts for your big boy.
But nothing on your list --- I am strictly NEW Mechanical parts --- brakes , front end, ignition, electrical, fuel pumps, water pumps, motor mounts, transmission mounts, quality tune up parts, and a whoooooooole lot more....

You are welcome to always simply call me --- Craig --- 516 - 485 - 1935.....

Congratulations on your new toy !!!!!

robmiller

The comments you received were 100 % correct. Full Size Pontiac is all by himself... No full size other G M with a rare exception... And no GTO /Tempest / LeMans with a rare exception....

The Great News is I have MOUNTAINS of NEW and N.O.S. parts for your big boy.
But nothing on your list --- I am strictly NEW Mechanical parts --- brakes , front end, ignition, electrical, fuel pumps, water pumps, motor mounts, transmission mounts, quality tune up parts, and a whoooooooole lot more....

You are welcome to always simply call me --- Craig --- 516 - 485 - 1935.....

Congratulations on your new toy !!!!!
Thanks very much — I’ll put your number in my book. I have yet to begin and there will be a lot of things I need so I’m sure we’ll be in touch!

I just bought a 1966 Catalina 2-door base, or at least I'm assuming it's a base since it doesn't have any louvers on the sides. I'm going to be looking for a lot of things for it. I wonder if anybody can offer some suggestions.

1. I need a new dash pad, or to have the old one recovered.
2. I need the top center air conditioner register/vent above the radio area.
3. Would like to buy new foam seat pads (bench) for the front.
4. Need the correct radiator and fan shroud.
5. Hood hinges -- definitely driver's side, possibly also passenger side. I'd buy a pair if available. The springs are present.

Does anybody know what parts from a GTO 2-door will fit the Catalina?
May hav items such as hood hinges & radiatior
In Lanaing Michigan
Omishjon4@gmail.com

robmiller

Does anybody know if the OPGI 2+2 interior trim kit will work on the base? I'm assuming there's nothing structurally different about the car so it should fit? I don't see a kit available for the base model. Any reason I shouldn't go that way?

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Who makes the interior they sell Legendary or PUI, call which ever manufacturer directly or call both of them, they both do retail sales.