• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1995 Trans Am" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1995 Trans Am" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

1966 GTO Hood Emblem Location

GTOHowell

I am wanting to drill holes in my hood for the arrowhead hood emblem, but want to make sure I have the correct location. I can't find a template, so I was hoping someone could help me. If I had a measurement from the tip of the hood to the point of the emblem I should be good to go. Thank you for any assistance!
Gary

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
the company you purchased the emblem from doesnt have a template?
any chance you have the AIM for the car, it would be in there?

GTOHowell

I purchased the emblem from Original Parts Group Inc (OPGI). I called them and they said they do not have a template. I am not familiar with the AIM you mentioned. I have numerous books, but nothing shows the exact location. I will probably just wait until the next local car show and make a measurement on someones car. Thank you for the response though.

GTOHowell

Thank you for taking time to help me. I do have a similar manual for 1966 and it shows an exploded view of the hood, emblem and nuts, but no details of the holes, hole size or location. No worries though, a friend of a friend has a GTO that I am going to get the dimension from this weekend.

Thanks Again!!.

Jhunter857

GTOHowell - Would you be able to post the measurements? I have a hood emblem for my '66 that I believe was purchased from OPGI but the posts don't match up with the holes in the original hood. The posts on the emblem that I have are closer together than the holes in the hood. My father was in the process of restoring when he passed away which is why I'm not exactly sure where the emblem I have came from.

Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!