1966 Ventura Not Starting

tcass

Hello Pontiac folks! I have a 1966 Ventura with the 421/4 speed/tri-power. It decided to not start today. It is not getting fuel to the center carb. The front and back carbs are getting fuel. I replaced the fuel filter, checked the fuel block, blew out the carb fuel line, removed the carb, reset the float, cleaned up the ball in the bottom of accelerator pump bowl, tightened up the carb to the base plate. Still won't start. It tries to start when I put fuel in the carb, telling me that it is not electrical. What am I missing? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Tim

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
when you had the carburetor off did you blow air into the fuel inlet to see if the needle assembly is blocked?
do you see gasoline squirting from the accelerator pump nozzle when you manually open the throttle?

G

G-641135

when you had the carburetor off did you blow air into the fuel inlet to see if the needle assembly is blocked?
do you see gasoline squirting from the accelerator pump nozzle when you manually open the throttle?
I blew into the fuel inlet, no gasoline squirted out of the accelerator pump.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
are you sure you dont have a bad accelerator pump that makes it difficult to prime the engine for starting?
When you opened the carburetor to inspect it, was the float bowl empty?
did you remove the needle seat assembly and visually inspect it?
how are you determining gas is going to the end carbs?
have you tried a fuel pressure test?