• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1995 Trans Am" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1995 Trans Am" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

1967 Engine Paint Color

bluetempest

I have a 1967 Tempest Custom. I need the engine paint and can't seem to find the color. It is a light metallic green. The GTO color seems to be more lite metal blue. I saw and original tempest at a cruise night with the same color so I know it exists.
Paul

cammerjeff

Belleville MI
All 66-70 Pontiac V6 & OHC-6's were painted Light Blue Metallic from the Factory. Some Very early 1966 engines may have been painted the light blue used the previous year. If the engine is 67 engine it was Light Blue Metallic. It can fade over the years, or may have been repainted during engine work with the incorrect shade of Blue. I suspect it is a case of a previous owner repainting the incorrect color, and fading over the years.