• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1995 Trans Am" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1995 Trans Am" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

1970 Catalina Radiator Question

Big Kat

San Jose Ca
I am an newbie here, and I have a question about my 1970 Pontiac Catalina Convertiable with a 455 engine. Does anybody know how the radiator is held to the car? Its loose and dont know how its suppose to be held in there. I removed the fan shrowed to see why it was so loose but I dont see how it should be braced down to the vehicle. Pictures would be big help if all possible.

If anybody could help me that would be great.

Thank you

Big Kat

San Jose Ca
I didnt see any of those on there. I would have to order some or try to find some somehwere. I will look to see exactly whre they go. When you say radiator support are you referring to where the raidiator sits or is it a diffrent part that I made need? Thank you for your help I really appriciate it.

The support has two brackets which line up with the radiator tanks, you may have to remove the radiator to see them or from below.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
They seem to make Poly everything these days, sometimes it is not a good replacement. The original engineers assumed the original rubber would flex a certain way in certain suspension setups, for instance the rear torque arms on the 63 to 82 Corvettes, and the Poly ends up causing binding.

Big Kat

San Jose Ca
Thank you. I order some new ones the one on the car were behind the radiator. Weird! Those pictures really helped and I was able to figure it out. The ones for the 70 Catalina sit on the fan shrowed and hold it down without it you would have to make modifications. I will take a picture and post it.