• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1995 Trans Am" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1995 Trans Am" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

1970 pontiac catalina

• Thread starter rtyauch301@aol.com
  • Start date
R

rtyauch301@aol.com

ok i just joined this forum not sure if anyone will know what to do but i have a 1970 pontiac catalina with the 400 big block it has been a daily driver till about 2 months ago i had a radiator hose break so i replaced all the hoses the the thermostat and the water pump and it has been overheating since any ideas also parts are hard 2 find so if anyone knows were i can get body and interior parts please let me know

D

dslfan

In case you haven't, make sure you transferred over the plate that sandwiches between the pump and the timing cover. Easy mistake that's happened a lot. Hopefully this helps!

E

eli_hoerler

You could have gotten a bum water pump. Any leaking?

what was the gas mileage on that thing? I have one i'm trying to make a daily driver. but it idles rough.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
was there a spring in the old lower radiator hose? It was there to prevent the hose from collapsing at higher engine speeds. Did you transfer it to the new hose?

ok i just joined this forum not sure if anyone will know what to do but i have a 1970 pontiac catalina with the 400 big block it has been a daily driver till about 2 months ago i had a radiator hose break so i replaced all the hoses the the thermostat and the water pump and it has been overheating since any ideas also parts are hard 2 find so if anyone knows were i can get body and interior parts please let me know
cheap water pump rebuild get cheap stamped steel impeller you need a water puumpthat is heavy duty Cooling and has a cast iron impeller OEM