• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1995 Trans Am" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1995 Trans Am" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

1973 Pontiac Ventura 350 Exhaust donut gasket ????????????????

joesride

Tucson
Hey folks.I am replacing the single exhaust on my Ventura with a stock dual and am confused.The assembly manual says to use a sealer between the exhaust flange and pipe?No donut gasket?The exhaust manifold has a bevel to it and I don't know if that is just a hardened donut gasket or metal.I don't want to start hammering on it to find out.Do these use a donut or just some kind of sealer with metal to metal contact?Any help would be appreciated!Thanks

joesride

Tucson
Thanks.I have used fire place cement that comes in a caulking tube.{used to adhere the blocks on the bottom of the fireplace}It was used on a Chevy 396 cast iron exhaust manifold that was in bad shape.Never leaked.I guess I will use that.