• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1995 Trans Am" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1995 Trans Am" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

1979 10th Anniversary Trans Am?

TA79TA

Im trying to find the factory radio for a 1979 10th Anniversary Trans Am. I know that it is a “Stereo Eight” Digital AM/FM Eight Trac made by AC Delco. If anyone knows where to find one please let me know. Thanks

TA79TA

Im trying to find the factory radio for a 1979 10th Anniversary Trans Am. I know that it is a “Stereo Eight” Digital AM/FM Eight Trac made by AC Delco. If anyone knows where to find one please let me know. Thanks
I appreciate the help, but both sites ended up with no Stereo. If anyone else knows where to find this Stereo Eight please let me know. Thanks again

Bdubya79

Good luck but hard to find. Seems by 79 the oft inop 8 track was being replaced by the cassette. These units are heavy boat anchors when removed. Afraid most were tossed in trash. I was fortunate that mine was in a box in trunk. Was removed when original owner was 16. He’s now about 55. I had repaired by guy in California. He is all about the Delco. He might know where one is hiding. I can get you his number if you like.