1979 Trans Am 10th Anniversary Price?

unclecurt

Hi.

New here and researching what a 1979 Trans Am 10th Anniversary selling price could be. It's the 10th Anniversary, Silver. 403 with the relatively rare factory 4 speed. T-top. 40K. Very clean. Stored inside garage off the ground on stands since 1993. It was my Dad's car, now being asked to look into selling it. Exterior is very clean. Some rust underneath, but not too bad for it's age. Paint is good. Decals are good. Front seats are worn with cracking from age, rear seats are good. Needs brake lines (have them new in the original packaging but were never installed). Mechanically sound when put into storage.

Looking for informed ideas on it's worth. Not a show car without throwing money at it, but a nice driver once brought back to life.

Thanks.

cammerjeff

Belleville MI
Are we sure it is a 403 Olds with a 4-speed? As far as I know the original drive train options were 403 Olds with an automatic, or a 400 Pontiac with a 4-speed manual.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
do you have any paperwork with the car that shows the 403 with the 4 speed. I also can find no evidence that a Oldsmobile 403 was available with a 4 speed.

cammerjeff

Belleville MI
The Value just went up if it is a 400 4-speed car and has the original drive train. Last of the big CI Pontiac Performance options.