1986 fiero 2.8 no spark

ricky/fiero

arizona
i just bought a 1986 fiero thats been sitting for at least 5 years . after i got the engine to turn over and run for about a minute it died and has no spark now. module, pickup and coil check OK. whats next ?

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
one of the wonders of forums you give advise and guite often never know the outcome.

Its irritating when some of us are trying not to bother others with a question that was already answered.....it was a nightmare for me to diagnose the fuel regulator spring in a F350 to end up blowing atleast one injector in the process...no one replied back to what was their answer to the same symptoms and I ended up on the "EGR valve culprit train" because of that. In the meantime, I was busy screwing the injector up(one for sure but most likely 3-4 last I was able to scan while the truck was still able to run without blowing a rod) due to lack of fuel pressure.....smh frustrating only because all vehicles are different and have their "tissues". I go to forums when I have no experience with the make/model in my hands and because I buy 15+yr old vehicles, it can be a nightmare for a $100 fix.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.