Peg

Hello. New to this forum. I have a question. Since my dogbone bracket to engine snapped in half I will need to replace all mounts on car. I have never seen a bracket break like mine and there was no signs the mounts were gone. Got the parts now and going to tackle it. Any advice on order in which to replace them would be cool. And any helpful tips. There is so little working space to work in with these fieros. It drives me crazy but that's what I have and sticking to it. I have a 1987 fiero 2.5. Stock fiero. Great little car. I am bringing it back up to par. It's been sitting a for over 10 years on my driveway. Thanks for any help.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Found this, see if it helps

Peg

Any time I'm doing something in a car I've never really worked on is always a pain. I know the basics. I just hate being surprised or pissed that I needed to do something special or needed a special tool. Thank you for the link. My 70 camaro is more favorable to work on by far. I like my little guy ( fiero) so its all worth my time.

Peg

Ok here goes I'm lugging my butt to fiero let you know how it goes!

Peg

Ok so it took me about 2 and half hours. Was simple and no problems. The only thing I did differently was use 2 jacks to lift the engine. When I used one it would lean to forward so I got my second jack (bottle jack) and used that to make it sit straight. Worked great. Now for the headlights! It's getting there. Can't wait to get the paint job done on it. Mine is that horrid gold color. A dark dark blue or black are my picks. Anyone know where they sell nice rims for at a good price? Mine are those gold stock rims. I want some 5 spoke black rims. I will buy them used or new. 14 inch.