• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1995 Trans Am" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1995 Trans Am" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

1988 Pontiac Sunbird Turbocharger Replacment Options?

Hello, I have a 1988 Pontiac sunbird GT turbo 5-speed manual. I am having a hard time trying to find out what the stock turbo was on this car, the garret turbo that's on my car has a stamping number on it but I can't trace the number back to any turbo on the web even from garrets website. If anyone out there knows of a turbo or the exact one please help me find this information.

Thanks, But here's the problem, I found the part numbers and all but nothing comes up on Garrett's website with any of the turbo codes I have acquired for the car.....

Screenshot from 2019-10-08 15-49-06.png

Yea, I'm waiting for a response from Garrett to see if there is something similar to the original one. The engine was rebuilt completely awhile back ago, The turbo that's on the car I think got a different wastegate spring or something since it does make more than 12 pounds of boost. Who knows tho :)