• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1995 Trans Am" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1995 Trans Am" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

1993 Grand Prix airbags

grease monkey

I have a 1993 (8-92) Grand Prix that I need to change turn signal switch. My question is how do I shut off air bag on driver side to remove steering wheel to get to switch? It has all the radio controls in center of steering wheel

Attachments

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
you can remove the negative battery cable but occasionally that can cause radio memory problems or refer to your owners manual to find any fuses related to the airbag.

G

G-350104

Thanks for the diagram & info, doesn't look like there is one. I have no fuse designated for airbags so maybe not.

grease monkey

Can you tell me what this part that attaches to the turn signal switch would be called? Looks like it doesn't come with the switch and I believe that may be my problem. The turn signal lever sets inside of it.

Attachments