1994 Pontiac Sunbird LE Convertible for sale

GT_Indy

1994 Pontiac Sunbird Convertible LE
3.1 v6 auto

135,000 Miles

Clean car, no rust.
Power top, power windows, power locks, cruise control, AC, heat, Radio & cassette player, etc all works.
2 sets of keys.

Has the cavalier Z24 hood and intake so it has functional cold air intake.
White top with glass rear window and rear defogger.
White vinyl seats.
Has good tire tread.

Works very well, I drove a 700 mile round trip and could go 341 miles on 1 tank of gas plus some extra driving, AC on the whole time, 3 people, full trunk and more on the back seat. Car kept up easily with traffic and the faster cars.

Past work done within the last year:
AC system serviced and new pump.
Heater core replaced with all metal one.
power steering pump replaced.
Tensioner replaced.
Crank pulley replaced.
Distributor oil drive O-ring replaced.
front brakes replaced with high quality ceramic.
Changed a couple light bulbs, 3rd brake light is two LED bulbs.
Driver side window motor replaced, all new rivets installed per factory spec.
Passenger side window motor replaced, all new rivets insgtalled per factory spec.

It gets regular oil changes, coolant, etc.
Last trans fluid and filter change was about 10k miles ago.

I have the rear top cover the goes on when the top is down.
I have the GM service book set.
I have 2 sets of keys.

Radio, speakers, and cassette unit all works correctly.

Asking 3,500 dollars or best offer.

My number: 216-297-5174 (Please text message, its easier).

VIN: 1G2JB34T3R7580101

Attachments

GT_Indy

Thanks. :)

Yah I forgot about the strut bar.
There is also a subframe brace that goes accross under the engine/trans as well, I dont know if thats from a Z24 or factory.

Yah its clean underneath. I have a couple ramps I can put the car on if anyone who comes to see it wants to look under it for fun.

GT_Indy

Maybe you can sell to LeBron since he's moving to LA. lol

Doug in P.R.( sorry lifetime GS fan)
I did about a 700 mile round trip with the Sunbird a few weeks ago and I had to fill up the gas tank every 340 miles. About 26 mpg, not that bad considering there was 3 people in the car, a loaded trunk and more in the back seat.
With all the trucks I see on the freeways, its safer to fly than to drive from Ohio to LA. On my 700 mile trip I already seen to many trucks change lanes into cars and the cars had to scramble to get out of the way. And every so often there is a few cars flying past you over 100 mph then they brake hard ahead because traffic is clumped up from the herd effect. I hate to think how many accidents my dash cam would see on a cross country trip.

Last edited:

GT_Indy

PRICE DROP

Asking 1,500 dollars - OR BEST OFFER!

As of today the transmission has an issue, it delays going into D and R, and sometimes falls out of D and R into neutral, It happens more with R than D.
Currently runs great, and still drives descent once in drive, accelerates fine, TCC works fine, no slipping at all.

I would rather it be sold to someone who can use it, either as a parts car or something someone can fix because its still in good shape.
I'm only selling the car whole, I am not parting it myself and I don't plan to part it.

92 Sunbird LE

Reverse is going out, common problem on TH125c's. Mine quit at 131k miles. ( It's on a pallet in my yard) I still drove it for 6 months with no reverse. Bought a used one in Az with 88k miles to bring with us when we moved down here. Wish you were closer .

Doug in P.R.:)

GT_Indy

Reverse is going out, common problem on TH125c's. Mine quit at 131k miles. ( It's on a pallet in my yard) I still drove it for 6 months with no reverse. Bought a used one in Az with 88k miles to bring with us when we moved down here. Wish you were closer .

I know what you mean. I had a 125C in an 88 Beretta that had reverse fade out, shortly after that drive faded out.
But I dont think this is broken the same way, when it does stay engaged it works and pulls without slipping in both drive and reverse.
Its like someone keeps moving the lever between D and N or between R and N when its just sitting in D or in R.
It's like whatever holds it in gear is kinda half working.
When it did stay in gear, it drove fine without slipping in both D and R.

I'm not in a hurry to get rid of it even though I dont want to fix it. If you ever travel this way send me a message to see if I still have the car or not. I rather wait for it to go to someone who can use it instead of making another crushed car. However it won't be able to sit here indefinitely, eventually I'll have to get rid of it.

One here used with 85k miles for $215.
http://www.millironautoparts.com

Thanks for that but I'm not about to travel that far to buy a trans/parts. I have to much to do and I have plenty of cars as it is. If someone wants my car I'm open to offers, I'll let the next owner decide if they want to part or fix.

If I do buy a new car I'll probably get a Chevy Cruze, I read that they can get like 52 mpg on the highway.

I forgot to mention someone told me that it can be a good 5 speed swap car because the body is still in descent shape. But I'm not about to do that either. lol

Last edited:

GT_Indy

Vehicle is SOLD. And it is going to a good home!

Thank you everyone for your interest.

Sunbird Lover

1994 Pontiac Sunbird Convertible LE
3.1 v6 auto

135,000 Miles

Clean car, no rust.
Power top, power windows, power locks, cruise control, AC, heat, Radio & cassette player, etc all works.
2 sets of keys.

Has the cavalier Z24 hood and intake so it has functional cold air intake.
White top with glass rear window and rear defogger.
White vinyl seats.
Has good tire tread.

Works very well, I drove a 700 mile round trip and could go 341 miles on 1 tank of gas plus some extra driving, AC on the whole time, 3 people, full trunk and more on the back seat. Car kept up easily with traffic and the faster cars.

Past work done within the last year:
AC system serviced and new pump.
Heater core replaced with all metal one.
power steering pump replaced.
Tensioner replaced.
Crank pulley replaced.
Distributor oil drive O-ring replaced.
front brakes replaced with high quality ceramic.
Changed a couple light bulbs, 3rd brake light is two LED bulbs.
Driver side window motor replaced, all new rivets installed per factory spec.
Passenger side window motor replaced, all new rivets insgtalled per factory spec.

It gets regular oil changes, coolant, etc.
Last trans fluid and filter change was about 10k miles ago.

I have the rear top cover the goes on when the top is down.
I have the GM service book set.
I have 2 sets of keys.

Radio, speakers, and cassette unit all works correctly.

Asking 3,500 dollars or best offer.

My number: 216-297-5174 (Please text message, its easier).

VIN: 1G2JB34T3R7580101

I'm very tempted! Where are you located?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.