2002 headlight assembly screw size?

Bumbledor

Reaction score
2002 Grand Prix. Need to know the screw size of the screw and thread count, that holds the headlight assembly to the car body.
All I know is its a 10MM socket. Looks like a fine thread. No idea where to get them as Auto Zone does not carry them.

Need to get a set of 4 of them as we are rebuilding a car that sat in a garage for 7 years that someone partially disassembled and
did not take care of the parts properly.

Thanks.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Reaction score
yeah thats what i need, number 2, but its discontinued.
Did you Google it so that maybe somewhere they give the size?

Bumbledor

Reaction score
Did you Google it so that maybe somewhere they give the size?
Googled it.. the ones I could find do not look like the ones on my grand prix, which do fit this other car.. so I am guessing I have to get the same kind I have.
All I know is that mine are fine treaded, about 1 inch long and you use a 10mm socket to remove them. Will take a pic of one tomorrow.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Reaction score
If you have a bolt/screw that fits you use a metric ruler to determine it's size and thread count.

Bumbledor

Reaction score
If you have a bolt/screw that fits you use a metric ruler to determine it's size and thread count.
Trying not to have to remove one from my car to do that..

Getting a bit frustrated here.. We have internet where we can find all kinds of information - except screw sizes for car parts.. And its not just this car..
Buddy of mine had the same problem with a bolt that held his starter in place that he lost.. he ended up going to a junk yard and getting one. Luckly they had a car just like his there that they did not already trash the motor.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Reaction score
Trying not to have to remove one from my car to do that..

Getting a bit frustrated here.. We have internet where we can find all kinds of information - except screw sizes for car parts.. And its not just this car..
Buddy of mine had the same problem with a bolt that held his starter in place that he lost.. he ended up going to a junk yard and getting one. Luckly they had a car just like his there that they did not already trash the motor.
They make gauges that are used to determine diameter and thread count . Plus if you have a tap and die set you can also determine diameter and thread count.

Bumbledor

Reaction score
They make gauges that are used to determine diameter and thread count . Plus if you have a tap and die set you can also determine diameter and thread count.
Nope none of that. Looks like I am going to have to take one out of my car and take it to a few places to see if they can match it up.

Bumbledor

Reaction score
Ok for future reference if anyone else has this problem.
I had to go to a parts store on the other side of town that was able to match it up. The screws that hold the headlight assembly to the car frame, looks like the above picture.

It is a M6-1.0 x 20mm flanged hex bolts. 2002 pontiac grand prix