2003 Grand Prix GT drivers door window motor

bubbanm

Tennessee
Hi Everyone, my son has a 2003 Grand Prix GT. The drivers window no longer goes all the way up. So we decided to replace the door window motor. My problem is that no parts house can find one like what is in his car. The one they keep trying to sale us has a smaller hole patter than the one in is door. Can someone help with a aftermarket part number? The number on his motor is F8-578VA Is that the original manufacturers number?

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
That is not a GM part number.
Do you have the specific manufacturer and part number of the motor they are trying to sell you?
Have you tried looking up the part yourself from one of the chain auto parts stores?

bubbanm

Tennessee
Hi
After looking at the number a little closer I think it is a PS-578VA. It is faded so it is hard to read. The one the parts house is trying to sale me is all metal. On this one everything is plastic except the motor itself and it has a bigger hole patter for the three mounting holes.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
GM uses pure numbers no letters.
What manufacturer and part number is the parts store trying to sell you?

bubbanm

Tennessee
They are trying to sale me a 742-124 Dorman but it is not the right one. I tried two different parts houses and they tried to sale me the same thing. The motor you linked to on ebay looks like mine. Thanks