2003 Vibe idles rough and stalls out when accelerating

DruTang

Michigan
So today I was driving my 2003 Pontiac Vibe when all of a sudden it had a loss of power. I was able to pull in to a parking lot, where it stalled.
It started back up but idled really rough. Almost like a misfire. When I put it into gear and started releasing the clutch it would instantly die at about 2500 rpms.
It would start back up (rough idle) and the same thing happened. It stalled upon acceleration. There was a strong smell of gas as well.
I am not real sure what went wrong. I am thinking the fuel filter/pump or possibly an O2 sensor.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
do you have a check engine light on?
did you check under the hood and under the car for a gasoline leak?
do you perform normal maintenance functions, fuel filter, air filter, plugs, etc. based upon mileage?

Radioman

It's a Vibe and the best darn car I have EVER owned but it still requires routine maintenance.
Pontiac hit a grand slam home run when they struck a deal with Toyota on this one.
A friend of mine is 86 years old and has a 05 Vibe with 249000 miles and is planning a trip from Ohio to Florida for a two month stay. Now if that isn't confidence in a vehicle, I don't know what is.
My advice DruTang, have it serviced. You'll be glad you did... Keep it until the wheels fall off.

Radioman

It's a Vibe and the best darn car I have EVER owned but it still requires routine maintenance.
Pontiac hit a grand slam home run when they struck a deal with Toyota on this one.
A friend of mine is 86 years old and has a 05 Vibe with 249000 miles and is planning a trip from Ohio to Florida for a two month stay. Now if that isn't confidence in a vehicle, I don't know what is.
My advice DruTang, have it serviced. You'll be glad you did... Keep it until the wheels fall off.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.