• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1995 Trans Am" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1995 Trans Am" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2004 sunfire heater blower motor died

i looked on videos on how to change the blower motor and i can't find the screws to remove the blower motor. it's being a pain in the tukas. i looked up under the glove box and can see where the motor is but it is covered with plastic and no screws.

yes I did and i found out it is 2005 and the fuse was blown and the relay was melted together so i swapped out the relay and changed the fuse and the blower came on for about 30 sec or so then popped the fuse the fan sounded good and blew lots of air the car has ac as well that doesn't work. i found out this blower hasn't ever been changed so it has those rivets in it. all the videos show taking the screws out and mine didn't have screws just the rivets. i wish the videos would show how to take out the original motors with the rivets.

Last edited:

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
you drill out the rivets

my friend went to o Reilly's and the guy told him it was a bad resister we had a discussion about that and after he paid 37 bucks for it i reached down and unplugged the resisters and it still blew the fuses i guess i was right i think it is the motor wearing out i am going to disconnect the blower motor to see if it pops the fuse.