• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1995 Trans Am" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1995 Trans Am" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2005 Grand Prix Remote

GeneD

We recently bought an 05 GP (3800 Non-Supercharged).... it did not have a remote with it when we purchased it..... It does not have remote start..... I know there are several remotes for GP's..... How do I find out which one this takes?? Can any 4 button remote for an 05 GP work?

GeneD

The picture you showed me has 4 buttons.... the remote with remote start has 5..............4201

GeneD

It appears this car does not have remote start, so I guess I need a 4 button remote.... I just want to get the right one..... Are there more than 1 that will work?

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
You have to buy one that specially states it works for the year and make and model of your car. I cannt tell you how many vendors are selling them, I suppose more than one.

GeneD

But thats my problem.... when I put in the year, make and model there are 2 serial numbers and they warn you to make sure you get the right one.... problem is, I just purchased car and the guy I bought it from did not have a remote for it.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
this site states 2006 had two remotes not 2005, I recommend you call them with your question.