• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1995 Trans Am" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1995 Trans Am" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2006 Fuel Pump....

ems154

New here, just a bought a 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Base model the only code that keeps cominf up is the float for the fuel pump. How can I replace the pump w/o droping the tank? There's no access to the tank from the trunk.

G

G-746786

New here, just a bought a 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Base model the only code that keeps cominf up is the float for the fuel pump. How can I replace the pump w/o droping the tank? There's no access to the tank from the trunk.
The 2004 has the access, 2006 and up do not have that access. Maybe another ideas.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Either you have to cut a hole if there is no access or drop the tank there is no other way.
Can you post the code you are getting?

92 Sunbird LE

Salinas, Puerto Rico
I quess you will have to drop the tank a little then cut an access hole, probably the best way than dropping the tank all the way.

Not safe to cut the hole when the tank is all the way up.

Why they changed it between the earlier years and yours is besides me. 🙈

Doug in P.R.😎