2006 GXP Tire Size Suggestions

gxpjoe

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been noticing a lot of slipping with my tires and it is causing them to wear out prematurely. The tires on now are an all-season Michelin with stock specs. I am thinking about putting wider tires on the front (265mm instead of 255mm). I would use the same aspect ratio as well so the speedometer and odometer would not be affected. Would that reduce the slipping or would the disadvantages outweigh the advantages?

Thanks in advance!

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Reaction score
You are increasing width by 10mm at most which is less than 1/2". There are no disadvantages and depending on how old and worn and which tire you use there maybe an improvement.

gxpjoe

Reaction score
You are increasing width by 10mm at most which is less than 1/2". There are no disadvantages and depending on how old and worn and which tire you use there maybe an improvement.
Maybe I'll give it a shot then when I replace my tires again which will be soon. It's always only the front drive tires and it's after only 20k-25k miles when they should be getting more like 40k. I don't want to increase the width much more than 10mm though because the tires might end up wearing unevenly at that point.