2007 montana ignition wiring

joeinto

good day ladies and gentlemen.
my 07 montana was recently broken into and after a failed attempt at hot-wiring i was left with a number of busted wires leading to the ignition area. i reconnected the wires which were obvious ie color which enables lights, radio, remote lock/unlock etc but im left with three sets of wires (one set with clip busted) and need info on where these sets plug into. two sets with clips, one set with six or so wires with clip attached on end is intact. second set of three wires, pink, orange and black w/white stripe was left dangling and possibly it`s clip busted off which i found on floor. third set is a black cable with red/black wires extending from it.
where in the world do these wires attach or clip into at the ignition area? there is a female receptical which i`m assuming the two sets of wires with clips plug into but i need to confirm this. the black cable with red/black wires is not so obvious..
i`ll try to attach photos i`ve taken of the wires in question. also attached is a photo of the clip i believe was attached to the yellow set w/three wires.4174
any suggestions much appreciated.4173

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
try finding a Hanes or Chilton manual to see if they have images of the ignition switch area, some libraries carry them. You could also try a local salvage yard to see if they have an intact Montana you could look at. Good luck.

joeinto

try finding a Hanes or Chilton manual to see if they have images of the ignition switch area, some libraries carry them. You could also try a local salvage yard to see if they have an intact Montana you could look at. Good luck.
thank you.
a trip to the salvage yard may be my only option under the circumstances. i need to confirm where both sets of yellow wrapped wires insert and if both have that clip attached at the ends of both.

joeinto

Yellow covered ( wrapped ) wires are more likely for the airbag, I would not mess with them, leave them for a dealer or shop that handles airbag repairs.

Doug in P.R. 😎
i wonder if that were the case, would the fact they are disconnected be another safety feature preventing the van cranking/starting? any idea what that black cable with red/black wires might be for? hopefully it all becomes obvious once i find an 07 model to compare.
thanks for the advice.

joeinto

Sorry I have no idea those other wires go to without a wirring diagram.( Did you check AutoZone's wiring diagrams online?)

www.row52.com is a pickandpull
lot location site, you can punch in your model to see if any near you has your van or a Chevy Venture van.

Doug in P.R😎

Thanks for the input guys. Turns out the thicker yellow set of 6 wires was indeed powering the airbag and horn. The thinner yellow wrapped wire with pink, orange and black w/white stripe wires went to the Passkey 3 module (the would be car thief must have took with him) next to the ignition switch. Still not sure where the black wire w/red and black wire went??
Regardless, a new Passkey 3 module from GM dealership ($145.00 CAD!!) installed and a quick key program later by my mechanic, the old thing is up and running again. :)
Thanks again.

joeinto

Glad you got it figured out, still wondering why someone would try to steal a mini van?

Doug in P.R. 😎
Half my fault since I neglected to manually lock a rear sliding door that won`t automatically lock with remote. The cheery on the cake was the culprit fell asleep behind the wheel. According to the guy that parks next to me in underground lot, he was heading off to work at 5:30am and noticed a someone slumped over the steering wheel snoring up a storm. He thought...`that`s odd` but continued on his way to work. Only when I left for work at 9ish did I discover the vandalism. By that time the would be thief was long gone. lol Other than the Passkey ripped out and missing, nothing else was stolen.o_O