2008 pontiac solstice scca ssb car

mokena22

hello all, 63 yrs old first ever post on anything. well here's my story . this past january 11 . 2020 . went to barlett jackson auction, went with a friend . meet up with his 2 friends, one had a bidders pass. I stopped bidding on my 2008 solstice he went 1 more time. i did respectful thing and paid for car. he big car guy told me car came with a SUPER charger, i haven't found that to be true yet, My problem is car in arizona needs to pass emissions and this car will not connect to state's computer or local biuck dealer i took it too. runs super, not check engine light on, only occaisionnly a CHECK ESC . LIGHT comes on, restart car and goes away, only comes on on first start after 5 minutes . FIRST QUESTION TO AL SOLSTICE FANS, even if a dealer installed option, cause biuck dealer did give me the biuld sheet on car, and it does not mention super charger on it . DID PONTIAC PUT A SUPER CHARGER ON SOLSTICE SCCS SSB CARS . ? PROBLEM IS I CAN'T GET TITLE IN MY NAME IF CAR DOESN'T PASS EMMISIONS HERE

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Pontiac did not make retail sale cars for the SCCA.
Does the car have the SCCA log book showing the history of the car?
Both GM and the aftermarket made bolt on supercharger kits for the Ecotec engine and somebody could have adapted one for the Solstice.
Did anybody bother diagnosing why the OBD port isnt connecting?
Can I assume somebody at least checked for a blown fuse for the OBD port?

mokena22

so to correct car does connect to computer, put emission guy says car not ready to read. guy did say drive car . get some cycles in computer. local biuck dealer could connect to computer but can;t diainose a problem. he suspect's its the cat converter. says oxgen sensors 2 . are not commuting correctly. but not throwing a code . car has no engine light on, but i leave biuck dealer , with no bill for there time, and no estimate of any repairs and says not ready to read for a emission test. SORRY about saying not connecting . state emission paper says 2 codes ( not ready) . CAT . AND O2SENSERS .

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
How much time have you actually driven this car?
If for some reason the battery died completely the vehicle could require a full drive cycle to bring everything into the readiness state.
That drive cycle could take quite awhile to complete without following the specific GM specifications.

mokena22

good morning thanks for replying . old owner of car , i meet at barlett-jackson auction , brought car year before me, said wife didn't like, had put only 200 miles on car in year, i went to barrett-jackson site and confirmed his milage claim, says put a new $800 battery in it, IT does seem you need to take fender off on passenger side to get battery out, battery looks new buick dealer gave me car fax . 1 owner till 2018 in texas, passed emmisions there always. 2019 buyer took car to california . it failed emissions there on 5/1/2019. same owner then registere car in montana, and brought back to auction this year 2020 and i got. so far i put 425 mile on car . dealer explained car cycle progress . car must be cold when start cycle, gas tank must between 1/4 and 3/4 fuel . not pass that . can't drive over 55 mph . each cycle atempt . should be 15 minutes. really tought dealer would let me know problem, my problem is my 30 day temp tags are expiring and i cant get title in my name, can't imagine i can take back to auction in 2021 with current old name title .

mokena22

forgot . car failed emmisions in california on 5/1/2019 . same owner registered car in montana 16 days later, its on carfax . i think the deler really was trying to help, put just passed me on .

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
The other thing is take to a shop on this list that has experience with the OBD monitors that are in a not ready status

cammerjeff

Belleville MI
Pontiac did make 2008 SSB & SSA special edition Solstice's to celebrate the types 2007 SCCA championships. They made around 100 of each, the SSA's were Turbo Charged and the SSB's were not. Does your car look like this?

1583691184149.png

Pontiac did not make any supercharged Solstice's from the factory.

mokena22

that's my car . the dealer i went to said some were super charged, i took car to kentucky where i got a summer home, no emissions in that state .