• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1995 Trans Am" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1995 Trans Am" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2009 Pontiac G3 will not start.

thetuckers1138

I know this probably isn't where I'm supposed to post this, but there doesn't seem to be any threads about the g3.

The car will not start when turned over. There's no "click", nothing at all. The lights and radio come on, but it will not even attempt to turn over.

The check engine light is on.
The battery has been tested and replaced.
The starter also tested good.

I've been told to check the ignition switch and that it could be any number of sensors. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
can you scan the computer for the code?
have you checked if there is a starter relay in the engine compartment fuse box?
if this is an automatic, does it start in neutral?

Hi thetuckers1138,

We recognize that you're trying to find tips on how to correct this issue and hope forum members are able to help. Our apologies that your car keeps cutting off and we understand how this must be frustrating. If you decide to take your vehicle into the dealership for a diagnosis, we'd be happy to reach out to them and stay involved if repairs are needed. Please continue keep us posted.

Amber N.
GM Customer Care

jw gtp

I know this probably isn't where I'm supposed to post this, but there doesn't seem to be any threads about the g3.

The car will not start when turned over. There's no "click", nothing at all. The lights and radio come on, but it will not even attempt to turn over.

The check engine light is on.
The battery has been tested and replaced.
The starter also tested good.

I've been told to check the ignition switch and that it could be any number of sensors. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

I was watching that pawn stars show and the guy bought a jaguar that did something similar.

The mechanic unplugged the computer and plugged it back in and it worked fine.

G

G-153892

I was watching that pawn stars show and the guy bought a jaguar that did something similar.

The mechanic unplugged the computer and plugged it back in and it worked fine.
It seem like my 2009 pontiac g3 wave no click lights are good radio battery starter good,canadian tire cannot determine if fuse box the problem

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
If they cant determine the problem have the vehicle towed to a Chevrolet dealer, they sold the Aveo which is the same as the G3. If Canadian Tire cant fix the problem with the car in front of them nobody on the internet is going to be able to help them or you.