400HP LS2 Pontiac Solstice from Mallett Cars, LTD.

Sal Collaziano

Staff member
The standard V8 conversion will include:

* 400 HP LS2 V8 Engine
* Luk Gold Clutch
* Non-Adjustable Mallett-Penske Shocks
* Short Throw Shifter
* High Performance Brake Pads
* Stainless Steel Brake Lines
* Mallett Serial Number Plaque and Badging

Options include:

* 6 Speed Tremac Transmission with 3 different gear ratio options
* 19 inch Alloy Wheels and Tires
* Mallett-Penske Double Adjustable Shocks and Coilovers
* Sway Bars
* Transmission and Differential Coolers
* Stainless Steel High-Flow Exhaust
* 3.73 Limited Slip Differential
* Heavy-Duty 4 Core Radiator
* Supercharger
* Turbocharger

solsticesky@mallettcars.com
MallettCars.com

Sal Collaziano

Staff member
It's going to be unbelievable.. Imagine how these things are going to kill Miatas, S2000s, MR2s and the like.. The Saturn Sky is going to be very nice with the LS2 as well...

jpo96sungt

Sounds great but the car is too light, and the tires will never hook up. The handling will be sacrificed due to the new weight in the front. Even with the shocks and swaybars it will be stiff and probably very difficult to drive quickly. I could be wrong, so we'll have to wait for one of the car mags to test it out.

2-tone

My fiero is a light weight car with a V-8. at about 130 mph it tries to float the front end. guess the only reason I dont have traction issues is cause the motor sits barely infront of the rear wheels.

Sounds like a blast!

So, how is GM making the 6 speed? Are they just engaging OD in each gear, so it is really shifting 1, 1-OD, 2, 2-OD, 3, 3-OD?

Sal Collaziano said:
The standard V8 conversion will include:

* 400 HP LS2 V8 Engine
* Luk Gold Clutch
* Non-Adjustable Mallett-Penske Shocks
* Short Throw Shifter
* High Performance Brake Pads
* Stainless Steel Brake Lines
* Mallett Serial Number Plaque and Badging

Options include:

* 6 Speed Tremac Transmission with 3 different gear ratio options
* 19 inch Alloy Wheels and Tires
* Mallett-Penske Double Adjustable Shocks and Coilovers
* Sway Bars
* Transmission and Differential Coolers
* Stainless Steel High-Flow Exhaust
* 3.73 Limited Slip Differential
* Heavy-Duty 4 Core Radiator
* Supercharger
* Turbocharger

solsticesky@mallettcars.com
MallettCars.com

cammerjeff

Belleville MI
I just noticed this old tread, and after buying 2006 Mallet Solstice #024 in November I can say they are a great conversion. My car is the base LS2 V8, stock 5-speed manual, and 3.93 Limited Slip rear axle. The only other options it has from Mallet is the Preferred package (that means they hook up the factory A/C if the original car was equipped with A/C) and the Penske adjustable Coil over shocks.
To say the car is fun to drive would be putting it Mildly, it is definatly traction limited, and I need to replace the stock tires this spring before putting it back on the road. I could not afford it when it was new, but I am glad I had the ability to buy it 11 years later. The conversion only adds 180lbs to the car, and supposedly with the lower center of gravity and the 2 inch set back of the V8 the front to rear weight bias is actually slightly better than stock. Stock was 52% front 48% rear, after the conversion it is supposed to be 51% front 49% rear.
It is my kind of car, looks stock and goes like hell!!!!!

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Hi Cammerjeff: any thoughts on doing some autocross in the spring? Think that car would really open some eyes since they wont know whats under the hood so to speak

cammerjeff

Belleville MI
I hadn't planned on it, but maybe. I haven't done that in about 25 years. There is a guy in the local Solstice club that has a LS3 powered conversion that he did (so if the engine is stock it has 25HP more than my car) and he says he does pretty well autocrossing it. But it also has a T56 six speed trans and only 3.42 gears compared to my cars 3.91's. So his 1st 2 gears are much more usable than mine.