65 gto mufflers

scott06

Im in the process of completing my resto on a 65 convertible - years agao when I got it running I put some universal Thrush Califonria Turbos on the existing headpipes that came with the car. Really way loud.... Since I never really liked the sound of flow masters I wanted to get a set of walker dyno max or similar noise level mufflers that I could bolt on the head pipes I have as a stop gap until I can afford a restoration quality system from Gardner's exhaust. Does anybody know a muffler part number that will fit essentially a stock replacement -20-25" long 2.25" in out(could probably make a 2.5" work) with offset in and out that will provide a mellow sound and still no piss off the neighbors.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER

scott06

ok thanks I must have been doing something wrong as when I used their selection tool it only gave me 14" long mufflers, which is IMHO too small

scott06

thanks for your efforts but by the time you remove the round mufflers and ones without an offset outlet there’s no mufflers.
I found one on the walker website that should work 17749, it’s 2.5” but I should be able use adapters to fit my existing pipes thanks