70 Catalina Fuel sending unit.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
you have tested it with an ohm meter?

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
does it look like the unit can be opened in order for you to examine the condition of the electrical contact surface that is swiped as the float goes up and down?

cammerjeff

Belleville MI
The full size Pontiac Fuel Senders are a Canister type thru at least 1972, as far as I know they are not available in the aftermarket. The reason they don't have the external float on an arm is due to the baffles they put in the fuel tanks. I had to have the sender in my 71 Catalina rebuilt by a local instrument shop. They did great work and turned it around in 2 weeks. They also to mail order service. If you are interested I will post a Link, but there are several online venders that can do the job.

Here are pictures of mine before it was repaired, sorry I do not have any of it as returned. If your sender looks like this they are not available

Attachments

That is the kind I have. Any links would be great. Thanks. Its still in the car so examining isn't possible at this time.

cammerjeff

Belleville MI
I had mine done by Bob's Speedometer Shop. Here is a Link

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.