• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1995 Trans Am" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1995 Trans Am" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

70' Firebird want rent

ArniK

Hi,
I'm almost 40 and have a dream about trip through Route 66 with muscle car. I'm looking for possibilites to make my dream come true but it is very difficulty, because there is only few rental offices and they don't have exactly cars which I want. Maybe You can help me? Maybe somebody of You could rent me that car? Or maybe You know somebody who can rent me muscle car for that trip? I'm thinking about Firebird 70's / Camaro 70'/ Charger/Challenger 70's / GTO 70's . Ofcourse I need car which cope with that trip. Start in San Francisco/Chicago- end Chicago/San Francisco. Could You help me with this?
Regards
Arnold

PS: Sorry for my english, I'm still learning ;-)
PS2: I want start my trip in 2021 but I start planning this trip today ;-)

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
To be quite frank I can not imagine any private individual renting their classic muscle car out. There are rental car companies that specialize in high performance vehicle rentals but they are extremely expensive. Below is an example.

ArniK

Thanks for answer. Unfortunately they don't have classic cars thats why I ask owners. And maybe somebody need money for his car.

cammerjeff

Belleville MI
Check into Haggerty Rideshare they keep bugging me to rent some of my cars, unfortunately I have the same opinion that melsg5 has, to rent one of my cars I have worked to restore you would have to pay my asking price, insure it yourself, and if returned in the same condition I would pay the same amount minus the rental fee.

I just do not think most people care what you have put into a car to get it in its current condition. Unless they have to pay for it 1st. Just my opinion not meant to offend anyone. Below is a link to there rideshare site. Also the rates are not cheap. I just entered "Pontiac" and SF Cal, the rate Locally was around $450.00 a day that did not include any shipping charges that would be added for returning the car.

Last edited: