• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1995 Trans Am" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1995 Trans Am" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

75 Ventura garage find

jaloi

I have aquired a 75 Ventura Custom that's been in storage since last registered in '92 from S.C. with 62,000 original miles on her.I've been trying to research it somewhat but there's not alot out there on it.It has the 4.1 l6 with a th350 tranny.Am I correct in understanding this has a Chevy engine in it? Looking to drop a v8 in it (without molesting her or parting with the 4.1) but not sure if I should be looking for a Poncho motor or a chevy.Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks!:confused:

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
I guess you could call it a Chevy engine or a corporate engine but not a Pontiac. Concerning the engine replacement you could go either way but the Pontiac will require an adaptor plate to match the trani.

jaloi

So if I'm looking for an engine to bolt up to the th350 thats in it without an adapter,I'm looking for a chevy engine?

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
that is correct

jaloi

I found a rebuilt engine the owner believes is an 85. Would this year engine work? Sorry,been alot of years since I did this.......

Last edited:

jaloi

I agree,lol. I'm waiting for him to give me the engine code.All I know at this point is it's a carburated engine.