96 Bonneville parking light go on and off during the night

Randosly

SD
Please somebody point me in the right direction to start my search. I have a 96 Bonneville that the parking lights go on and off at no specified interval during the night. This is running down my battery so in the morning before work I have to jump start the car. I guess this is not limited to nightime because today my boss found me and said that my parking light were on. He took me back to my car and they were off. I don't have a clue where to start looking. Has anybody had a like problem?

Randosly

SD
Headlight switch is fully in and sentinal off. i was sitting in the car yesterday when this happened. It was like somebody lifted a door handle...the inside lights came on and the amber lights outside came on.They stayed on for about a minute and went off. About 15-20 mins later it did it again. I think this goes on all night long sometimes causing the battery to be dead in the morning. I do have the manual for the car.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
any chance you have an aftermarket alarm system that is causing the issue?
another thought is one of the door switches is triggering the lights to come on, try lubricating all the door latches, WD40, so it penetrates.

Randosly

SD
No alarm system on the car. I will lube the door latches. When the lights stay on at night it is the low beams not the drl which does kinda point me toward the headlight switch, the twilight part of the switch. Do you think these two problems that I mentioned are somehow related? I am thinking no.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.