• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1995 Trans Am" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1995 Trans Am" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

AC removal

IndyKWG

My AC didn't work and i decided to remove the system. Now i can at least see the passenger side of the engine but it looks lop sided with the power steering pump and alternator both on the driver side and noting on the passenger side. I thought i had seen that some move the alternator to the passenger side. Is there someplace that offers brackets to do that or do most just leave things as is?

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Most people do not try to re-engineer the engine design, cars without AC from the factory had both on the drivers side.

IndyKWG

Has anyone done this delete before? I bought the fiberglass cover from Summit Racing to cover the whole. I also bought the shallower blower wheel but it still wont clear when putting things back. It still needs about an inch to fit without hitting the firewall. Just curious if anyone else has tried this, had similar issues, and how you got around it. I think i have a shallowest wheel i can get so I'm hoping there is something to do with the cover.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Have you tried to compare the cover you bought from Summit with anything that Ames Performance shows?

IndyKWG

Sent an email to Summit. I guess i can go ahead and tight fit the new cover the firewall and then just work out some spacers for the blower motor to the cover. That part is all hidden under the fender so as long as it works well it shouldn't be a big issue. It should look a lot better at the firewall and that is what I was going for.