Activate aux input

Bobthesuper

Hello, new member here. I recently acquired a 2015 Montana. one of the options it has is the rear DVD player. Unfortunately there is a disc stuck in the player. I don’t plan on using it much, if at all, so it doesn’t bother me. However I received an AlexaAuto for Christmas and I was trying to connect to the AUX in jacks at the very bottom of the center dash console. There are three RCA jacks, yellow, yellow, red, from top to bottom. The Alexa only uses audio so I was using the bottom two (the yellow and red). On the head unit there is a button that appears as if it should change the input from CD to AUX but it will only allow the DVD signal.

is it possible that the stuck disc is over riding that input selector somehow and it defaults to DVD? Since the unit is older there are not other inputs (mini headphone jack or USB) so if I can’t figure this out I’ll have to send the Alexa back.

Thanks in advance for any help or advise.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Did you check in the owners manual if there is a comment about having a disk in the player?
You stated a 2015, didn't exist in 2015.

Bobthesuper

Did you check in the owners manual if there is a comment about having a disk in the player?
You stated a 2015, didn't exist in 2015.
Good point on the year, sorry! I must have fat fingered it. It’s a 2005. I am in the process of looking now. Nothing so far.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
If you read the manual, the jack's are yellow for video and red and white for audio
Read page 3-98.

Bobthesuper

If you read the manual, the jack's are yellow for video and red and white for audio
Read page 3-98.
Thanks melsg5. I downloaded a manual and I just saw what you mentioned. Mine is on page 3-97. It also states the RCA plugs are behind the video screen. I will check that tomorrow, I didn’t see any up there earlier. Just the jacks down on my center console. Hopefully I’m getting closer. 😀